Saturday, December 15, 2012

Tiffen Camera Filter Set

As most photographer and enthusiast know, filters are great way to get better picture quality before post-editing. Since I really did not know what kind of filter to get, I decided to get a filter kit from one of the few well-known brands. After much debate, I went with the Tiffen Photo Essentials 77mm Lens Filter Kit, which I bought from Best Buy since I had a gift card to Best Buy that I couldn't find what to use it for. This kit came with the basic UV filter, circular polarizer and a 812 warming lens filter. It also came with a four filter pouch. To be honest, I don't even know what the 812 really means... -_-



Any how, my current lens have a 58mm filter size but bought the 77mm since I feel like the biggest lens I will get will be one with a 77mm filter size. In order to accommodate the size differences, I had to buy these nifty little accessory called a step-up ring. A step-up ring is basically a metal ring with two different thread size so you can attach a bigger filter to your small lens. I bought me a Fotodiox 58mm-77mm step-up ring. This will allow me to attach the 77mm filter to my lens that have a 58mm filter size.

Here are some pictures of the filter kit and the step-up ring attachment:


nice pouch

the contents

taken with the warming filter

 There are many other brand of step-up rings out there. I went with Fotodiox because it was the cheapest. For some reason this one had no writing on it like the 52mm-77mm one that I also bought, so I took a white pen and marked it.
step-up ring 58-77

step-up ring and lens

step-up ring attach to lens

filter on step-up ring

lens cap on top


Tiffen Photo Essentials 77mm Lens Filter Kit at Best Buy
Fotodiox Step up ring 58mm-77mm at Amazon
Fotodiox 77mm Lens Cap at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

YOUR BLOG TITLE

Labels

2013 (4) 2014 (2) 2nd tour (1) 40mm (2) 40mp (1) 4WD (1) album (6) Alodia (1) amazon (1) Amiami (8) angel beats (1) Anime Expo (5) autograph (1) AX (5) baseball (1) bluray (1) Cafe (1) Camera (4) canon (2) car (1) charming (1) clannad (1) Coffee (1) cosplay (3) Culture Japan (6) Danny Choo (5) Day 4 (1) deco*27 (1) disney (1) Dodgers (1) Doremi (1) dragonfly (1) drossel (1) Etude House (4) expo (1) figure (1) fireball (1) Food (1) fountain pen (1) Fujifilm (2) galaxy supernova (1) Gatchaman Crowds (1) Girls' Generation (7) Gmarket (5) Good Smile Company (16) Googims Company (3) Gosiengfiao (2) Goulet (1) graphig (1) gundam (2) halloween (1) Hatsune Miku (11) huke (1) Hyoyeon (2) ink (1) Innisfree (1) instax (1) It's Skin (2) itasha (1) IU (1) Japan (6) Japanese Garden (1) Jessica (4) JetPens (1) K (1) kaito (1) koi (1) Korea (3) Korea Day (1) lamy (1) len (1) lens (1) limited edition (2) love&girls (1) love&peace (1) luka (1) Lupicia (3) max factory (1) Miku (1) Mirai (6) Missha (1) Movie (1) Nendoroid (16) otaku (22) pen (1) Photography (5) pilot iroshizuku (1) Place (1) PS Vita (2) Reds (1) rhodia (1) rin (1) Seohyun (3) SNSD (7) Sooyoung (2) Spcats (1) Spiral Cats (1) stationary (1) Sunny (4) Taeyeon (3) Tasha (1) Tea (4) The Goulet Pen Company (1) Tiffany (3) umaa (1) vocaloid (1) Weiss Schwarz (4) Yoona (2) Yuri (2)